8 Ways to Live a Less Stressful Life
1. Know your stressors and come up with a plan to deal with them. Take control of what you can and let go of what you cannot. Or at the very least, have strategies in place on how you can avoid stressing over things that you cannot control.
2. Plan your day. Make a to-do list of the most important things that you need to accomplish for the day. Prioritize and stick to your list.
3. Block distractions like email and social media notifications. Keep your phone in silent mode
4. Keep your work area clutter-free and organized. Spend at least a few minutes every day organizing and putting back things to where they should be.
5. Connect with nature. Spend time every day in a natural setting. Take a stroll or go for a run outdoors. Carve out some time to simply step outside and enjoy nature regardless of how busy your day may get.
6. Make time for physical activities. Get active by working out or engaging in activities that get you moving. Even better, take your workout outside to get the most of the benefits you can get from exercise and nature time.
7. Pamper yourself. Indulge on things that make you feel good — whether it is great food, a soothing massage, or a mental pat in the back for a job well done.
8. Get enough sleep. Science says lack of sleep is bad for you for a lot of reasons. It saps your energy, makes you feel more lethargic and tired, mess up your emotions, and may even affect your mental functions if left unchecked. But potentially bad health effects aside, chronic lack of sleep can affect your mood and make things more stressful. So if you want a more stress-free life, start by getting adequate sleep no matter how busy your life may seem.